Brant represents hospitals, physician groups, imaging centers, long term care providers, hospice providers, clinical laboratories and a variety of other national and local healthcare organizations. He counsels state agencies, healthcare providers and payors in areas of regulatory standards in contracting and compliance. Brant regularly advises clients and trains their employees in the areas of HIPAA, the HITECH Act and Federal fraud and abuse laws. He also provides counsel on the ongoing implementation of and changes to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. His practice includes assisting clients with all aspects of Mississippi's Certificate of Need laws before the State Department of Health, and post-payment audits and appeals involving Medicare and Medicaid.
In addition to his health care practice, Brant represents corporations, developers, landowners and school districts in rezoning matters before planning boards, city councils, county boards of supervisors, and, if necessary, on appeal.
His significant contributions and honors include:
- Counseling the Mississippi Insurance Department in the establishment of the authority, financing, development and regulatory oversight of the Mississippi Small Business Health Options Program and other Affordable Care Act initiatives.
- Assisting clients in the investigation and reporting of Breaches of Unsecured Protected Health Information impacting more than 500 patients.
- Serving as Chairman of the Leadership Madison County program for the Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
- Induction into the University of Southern Mississippi Hall of Fame.
- Receiving the Mississippi Bar Association Health Law Award and the American Board of Trial Advocates Tom Mason Advocacy Award.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of South Carolina, M. Ed., 2004
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.A., 2002
Professional Memberships / Affiliations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Madison County Bar Association
- Leadership Madison County, Chair (2014-15); Graduate (2012)
- The Mississippi Bar Leadership Forum, Class of 2013
- Madison County "Rising Star" Award, 2012