David W. Donnell
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 2002
- Millsaps College, M.B.A., 1995
- Mississippi State University, B.S., 1994
David Donnell has been working in healthcare for 20 years. He began his career in healthcare administration for national for-profit and not-for-profit hospital systems in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. Since 2001, he has focused his legal practice on assisting clients with development and growth of their businesses by navigating the difficult maze of State and Federal health reforms, fraud and abuse regulations, and reimbursement pressures.
David regularly works with healthcare providers of all nature including hospitals, physician groups, imaging and surgery centers, pharmacies, and laboratories, as well as the payors and regulators of healthcare. He is frequently asked to assist various states’ agencies in the development of healthcare legislation and policy.
In addition to focusing on healthcare providers, David has:
- Developed expertise in directing sensitive internal investigations for clients stemming from employee misconduct. This work often includes the coordination of key stakeholders, law enforcement and public relations.
- Served as lead counsel to the Louisiana Department of Insurance for development of rate review and utilization and appeals legislation.
- Been counsel to the Mississippi Insurance Department in the establishment of the authority, financing and development of the Mississippi Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).
- Regularly represented clients in healthcare and non-healthcare-related litigation and disputes.
- Mississippi State Courts
- United States District Courts of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Professional Memberships / Affiliations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- Health Financial Management Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Medical Group Management Association of Mississippi
- Listed annually since 2015 as one of Midsouth’s “Superlawyers” in Healthcare
- Millsaps College, Adjunct Professor (Else School of Management graduate Program)
- Leadership Mississippi — Class of 2010
- Mid-South Rising Stars ® — Healthcare
- Mississippi Bar Association Litigation Award
All of the lawyers at Gilchrist Donnell are committed to practicing law according to the highest standards of professional ethics and personal integrity. We provide all of our clients with excellent service from a foundation of unwavering principles.